8/19/13

Journal of Mr Jefferson, a gentleman adrift in time

Gentle Readers, I have made a major breakthrough in understanding this curious future America. A staff member at Monticello left their "computer" on over the weekend so I was able to discover a great deal more  than by simply watching "TV." As a former president myself, I wanted to visit the White House "website"  and peruse the current president's schedule. Upon my word, what a lazy fellow! His first appointment for Monday is at 11 am. I used to begin work upon arising from my bed at dawn. By an ingenious arrangement, my bed  straddled both my study and my bedchamber so I could choose on which side to begin my day. Now, after breakfast,  and a so-called "presidential briefing," the current president appears to have no other appointment than a meeting with independent financial regulators, whatever they might be. And you should see the size of his horseless carriage. Lord bless my soul! .