6/21/13

Dumb slebs: Farewell y'all

The Food Network said Friday it would not renew the contract of Paula Deen.
The announcement came only hours after Deen issued a strange video statement on YouTube -- that was then removed – in which she repeatedly apologized, but failed to specifically address allegedly racist comments she made in a recorded deposition.
“I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong that I’ve done,” she said in the short, emotional video. “I want to learn and grow from this. Inappropriate and hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable.
“I’ve made plenty of mistakes along the way but I beg you, my children, my team, my fans, my partners, I beg for your forgiveness. Please forgive me for the mistakes that I have made.”
The Food Network issued a one-sentence statement late Friday saying, "Food Network will not renew Paula Deen's contract when it expires at the end of this month."  Read more.