6/27/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Dear Diary:  I arose late, after yesterday's campaign exertions, received the usual  presidential briefing and then proceeded to lunch in the private dining room with Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Zayed of  Abu Dhabi. After that, a fund raiser at the Jefferson Hotel, followed by my Congressional picnic. Awkwaard, with Holder and his contempt of Congress nemesis, Darryl Issa, both  attending. Maybe I should have asked my golf buddy, chef Sam Kass to  arrange for Issa to have a burned burger on a stale bun. There have been two elephants in the room all day, one is  the Supreme Court health care ruling due tomorrow. I have planned with Axelrod, Jarrett and others how we'll spin  the possible outcomes. The other elephant  is Holder's contempt of Congress hearing.   I called Eric Holder to remind him  that sufficient  unto the day is the Issa thereof. Judging by his strangled response, it didn't help. I'll be relying heavily on the soothing touch of my  blankey, Boo-boo, to  have a  night of deep sleep, so that my formidable intellect is in perfect  shape to cope with the  vicissitudes of tomorrow. I will now say a prayer to myself, then slide into the Presidentopedic and enjoy the protective embrace of Boo-boo. Auugggh! Is that Issa I see before me, his dagger toward my heart? No, thank God,  it's Bo the dog.  Barry luv Boo-boo, um-num-num-um...zzzzz...