6/26/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Dear Diary: What a day! I began with a flight out of Boston to fundraisers in Atlanta, and then Miami. Finally I flew home, arriving after midnight. Michelle is  already asleep in the Presidentopedic and I am in splendid solitude with only the occasional soft footfall of  a Secret Service agent in the corridors outside the private apartment. It  is good to be away from clamoring crowds. My cheeks still ache from flashing continual grins at adoring throngs who have paid big bucks just to see my historic visage. On multi-city tours like this, my Trip Director and golf buddy Marvelous Marv is invaluable: Dude makes sure I don't often  say "It's great to be back in Atlanta" when it's Miami. Awkwaard. It's only two days until SCOTUS delivers its Health Care ruling and the Fast and Furious battle is escalating. I try to project calmness while inside I'm, like,  Auuuggh!  But all great leaders --  among whose number  I am  proudly one -- face such moments of tribulation. I will now say a quick prayer to Myself and slip gently into the Presidentopedic alongside Michelle, pull Boo-Boo, my blankey, from under my  pillow, nuzzle his satin edge   and sleep the sleep that only the  innocent and exhausted know. Barry luv Boo-boo, um-num-num-um...zzzzz..