6/24/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Dear Diary:   A delightful day of calm amid the Sturm und Drang [German for 'turmoil' that  I picked up from Angela Merkel at the G20 meeting in Mexico.] Such phrases are very useful when I want to sound erudite among the elite, like George Clooney and Sarah Jessica.  Where was I? Oh yes, the day of calm. I went  golfing at Fort Belvoir with chef Sam Kass, Marv my trip director and aide Mike Brush [whom I nickname 'tooth' as in 'tooth'brush. Like 'Cup' Holder, these whimsicalities are a subtle way to remind people that I may be a golf  buddy but I'm still the Boss. Very clever, if I say so myself... and I do. After golf I called Cairo to congratulate Mohammed Morsi, the new Egyptian president, and to sing Kumbaya to him, in my best Al Green style. It pays to be conciliatory to the Islamists or they can get really, really petulant like the Taliban. 
Meantime,  I am trying to keep my spirits high up in the face of a turbulent week with SCOTUS ruling on health care and the GOP sharks circling Fast and Furious. "Si Su puede," I  keep telling  myself, as I told Latinos in Florida:Yes we can.   I have tucked up Michelle in the Presidepedic and I will now say a brief prayer to Myself  asking that I be  mentally nimble this week.  Then I will pull Boo-boo my blankey out from   beneath  my pillow and rub my lips with his satin edge. I have had a recurrence of nightmares with  Ann Romney measuring the Oval Office for drapes. Barry luv Boo-boo  who  keeps bad dreams away, don't  you Boo-boo, um-num-num-um...zzzzz...