3/28/12

Barack Obama's Diary

Dear Diary: Arrived back in DC after a brief sleep on board AF1 from Seoul. After Marine One landed at the White House I asked Michelle to show me her newly-seeded vegetable garden which she  is very excited about.  After the helicopter had gone we spent a few minutes examining the scene  of the crime with a flashlight.  The  daggone peas are already planted, with sticks for them to  climb up. May it please Gaia,  they will be killed by a late frost.   Failing that, I will have to escalate from Defcon 3 to Defcon 4 and  throw a ball for Bo so he runs over the pea vines.  No measure is  too extreme to avoid another winter of home-frozen peas with every meal. 
Meanwhile Malia's back from her spring break in Mexico. After I kissed and hugged her, she  was like "Dad,  I totally need to speak with you about Mexico."  Uh-oh. It sounded like a conversation she needed to have with Michelle, not me. I was like "Of course, sweetheart." Her teen-speak is so  infectious that I am left  totally  talking like a sophomore for hours after any conversation with her.  It's  awesome that  I have no, like, public engagements scheduled for tomorrow.   
Marvin has already unpacked  for me and left my blue jammies out. Boo-boo, my blankie, lives under my pillow when I'm at home, so I can hold him [Boo-boo, not Marvin] with one hand  and suck my thumb if I wake up after a  scary dream. Talking of scary, Michelle is calling out for me  saying it's late. I must shut the laptop, say a quick prayer to myself. And so to bed.